Because, after all, don’t we all want to have more fun?
Last month, we asked you to send us your best conversation starters for avoiding those awkward “getting to know you” moments in golf. We were amazed at all the great ideas our Savvy readers shared and can’t thank you all enough for your help and creative ideas!
As promised, the Savvy Girl with the best answer received a Birdie purse, but because we received so many interesting and unique entries for the contest, we decided to give TWO Savvy readers each a Birdie purse and sent 10 other contestants fabulous consultation prizes for their thoughtfulness and originality.
Now that we’ve collected a creative list of questions to help golfers break the ice while on the golf course, we’re ready to share them with our readers.
Let’s start with our grand prize winner, DJ Lazzell from Broomfield, Colorado. DJ gave us not one but four conversation starters that we absolutely loved:
- 1.)What’s the greatest course you’ve ever played on? Why?
- 2.)Tell me about your greatest shot.
- 3.)If you could golf anywhere in the world, where would that be? Why?
- 4.)If you could play a round of golf with anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? Why?
Number four is our personal favorite. What a great way to get to know someone and even get a group conversation going. Great job DJ! We hope you love showing off your new Savvy Girl Golf Birdie Purse and enjoy all its unique compartment features for staying organized and fashionable wherever the day takes you.
Our second grand prize winner was Esther Cruz Acosta from Phoenix, Oregon. Esther sent us a hilarious story about a “getting to know you” real-life moment she experienced. But, we’ll share later.
Right now, let’s stick to our list of conversation starters:
- 5.)What is your favorite golf course and why?
- 6.)Any tips for playing this course?
- 7.)How has golf made a difference in your life?
- 8.)How did you get started playing golf’?
These last four are perfect for when you find yourself paired with a new golfer. It’s important to get to know your fellow golfer and discover why she loves the game just as much as you do.
One question that we thought we’d add to this list goes nicely with our last blog about warm up routines:
- 9.)What’s your favorite way to warm up before you play?
This contest also got us thinking about other conversation starters that work both on and off the course. So whether you like to grab a delicious bite to eat after a game, or maybe meet the girls for dinner or drinks at the club after a round, we’ve provided an additional list of 15 questions to keep the conversation going and stay interesting on or off the course:
- 1.)What flavor of ice cream would best describe your game?
- 2.) What is the coldest you have ever been while playing golf?
- 3.)If you had the talent and were given the chance, what band or musical group, past or present, would you be?
- 4.)What is your favorite movie?
- 5.)What is your favorite line from a movie?
- 6.)When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried or peed your pants?
- 7.)What is the most outrageous thing that has ever happened to you?
- 8.)What is the fastest speed you have driven a car?
- 9.)What is the best piece of advice you have ever received on or off the course?
- 10.) What is the most memorable weekend you’ve experienced?
- 11.) What is the best $100 you have ever spent?
- 12.) Suppose you have the chance to pick three famous people to play a round of golf with. Who would they be?
- 13.) Who was/is the greatest sports star of the 20th century?
- 14.) What is the most incredible weather event you’ve experienced on the golf course?
- 15.) What is the most exquisite restaurant you’ve dined at?
We hope you’ve enjoyed these tips, and we’d love to know if our Savvy readers use any of the above conversation starters the next time they’re paired with a new partner. You never know; you may find yourself talking to your new favorite golfer—or better yet—a stylish Savvy Girl like yourself.
Thank you for reading!